About the conference
Digital entrepreneurs are deploying emerging disruptive technologies and transforming the century old norms, forms and processes of doing business and creating superior value for their customers. The changes are abrupt and irrevocable. Competition is worldwide and cut-throat. Innovation and flawless execution are ‘mantras’ for success. Digital Enterprises are utilizing the enabling power of the cutting-edge technologies (particularly social, mobile, analytics and cloud computing solutions) for creation and delivery of exceptional customer value, harvesting huge dividends and inspiring brilliant minds to invent new business models. Journey of a new industrial revolution, ‘Industry 4.0’, has begun, which in turn is fostering digital entrepreneurial activity and accelerating development of “Digital Start-Ups”.
n this context of the conference on Digital entrepreneurship, Presidency University, Bangalore aims to bring divergent perspectives in academia as well as industry practices for fruitful discussions and research outcomes in the Third International Conference on Digital Entrepreneurship: Technology, Transformation, Talent Development, and Business Model Innovation on March 27-28, 2020. The University belongs to Presidency Group of Institutions which holds a proud history of 40 years of academic excellence and was also awarded as ‘Best University of the Year 2018-South’ by ASSOCHAM, India.
ThemesThe theme of 3rd International Conference on Digital Entrepreneurship evolved from the flames of two previous conferences and one workshop which revealed that the forthcoming Conference on Digital Entrepreneurship must focus on the Emerging Disruptive Technology, Radical Business Transformation, Talent Development and Business Models for catching the rising S - Curve of ‘Industry 4.0’ revolution. The insights and analysis presented in this conference are expected to provide guidance for future deliberations and set the agenda for digital entrepreneurship research, enterprise development, and policy formulation in this domain.
- Objectives of this conference are to:
- Provide a platform for leading stakeholders from diverge background to present their vision, research results, experiences and opinions.
- Create an international community for digital entrepreneurship research, to understand; what works where, when, how and why, and what does not?
- Link Entrepreneurship with sustainability and to understand, how sustainable transformative entrepreneurial practices and processes can find a place in this new ‘Industry 4.0’ digital landscape.
- Produce policy, program, and institutional recommendations which will encourage innovations in digital entrepreneurial research and practice.
- Disseminate this knowledge as widely as possible amongst academicians, researchers and entrepreneurs globally.